Not only was this past weekend exciting for the Secret World’s event, but I managed to hit 50 with my Cleric in RIFT (my second 50 for the game). I let out a big breath I didn’t know I was holding at that point and then felt the familiar panic set in.
What do I do now?
It isn’t that there’s a lack of things to do, of course, but rather that there’s so much to do and the expansion is barreling down on us. I did a little bit of reading and research to gather together all my options, and then settled on the following course:
- Daily: I’m trying to run at least one dungeon (standard for now, experts soon) and 7 instant adventures.
- Get attuned: I accomplished this already by running the chronicle and opening up planar attunement. I was kind of excited about this until I saw what a grind this would be for small incremental bonuses. But hey, making my character better over time and putting that XP to use is something, so I can’t complain too much.
- Plan zone progression: I’m about a fourth of the way into Iron Pines Peak, which I suspect I can rip through as a level 50. After that, I’m going to shun Stillmoor (which just looks ugly to me) and go to Shimmersand, and then Ember Isle after that. I really want to do EI before the expansion, so that’s an important goal for me.
- Water saga: I was going to start doing this, and then saw that I had to run a dungeon on expert before beginning, so there’s a bit of a gear gate. We’ll see if this is doable, but I’m hoping so — I really want that croc mount.
- Gear up: The paths to gearing up at endgame are many, and I’m going to keep it simple at this point by mostly relying on dungeon runs. Over the past few days, I’ve replaced about 70% of my gear with blues and I got my 6-slot planar shard thingie, so hopefully I’m getting close to doing experts. Gear isn’t super super important, since the expansion content will outdate anything I’m getting, but it’s nice to have in the meanwhile and can help me get a good start in Storm Legion.
Since I have a healing spec, I get into groups fast — which is great — but there’s a lot of pressure not to screw up. So far it’s not been that hard to heal standard dungeons, and I did some research last night about how to tighten up my Warden build and rotation so that I can be prepared for the tougher stuff.
I’m also keeping my eyes open to groups doing expert rifts and the like, just for variety. Instant Adventures at 50 are just a planarite bonanza, and at one point I was getting thousands upon thousands of planarite just for healing in a single event. It was nuts.
So generally I’m pretty excited in RIFT and happy that I probably won’t be left in the dust with the expansion. Like everyone else, I’m dying to know what the new souls are going to be, and I’m still tempted to work on my Rogue on the side (maybe just run dungeons/IAs with her? I don’t know.).