What? Werit already did this and I’m just blatantly stealing his post format? Oh well. He’ll live. I like the idea of taking a short breather to refresh on what I’m excited about in the MMOsphere, both here and now and in the future.
- Lord of the Rings Online – It’s simply been a blast to come back to this game, and feeling like I’m actually embarking on a grand adventure with a solid story behind it. It helps greatly that I found a terrific guild that I really like hanging out with.
- Champions Online – I can’t say anything about my experiences in the beta, but outside of that, I have been looking forward to this for quite some time, and can’t wait to put my cape back on.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – ARGHHH just come out ALREADY aregjkl;adgjkl;234@#^#@#SAG@!
- Warhammer Online – I got pretty close to burnout with this, both in playing and talking about it, so I’ve put it on the backburner for a while. I’ll still be returning for the live events and the RvR dungeon, and would love to have the latter suck me wholely into the end game. Open RvR and city capture just isn’t doing it for me. I guess I’m much more of a PvE boy at heart.
- The Secret World – It seems like nobody can get past the “Funcom” connection, even though this is made by a different team than AoC or AO. Personally, I know how awesome the writing was for The Longest Journey, so I’ll definitely be on board to see how this goes.
- Star Trek Online – I am excited about the new Trek movie and the game has the potential to stir back up my old Trekkie nature, but there’s a lot holding me back too. I guess I’m more of a “I’ll check it out when it’s out, but I’m not giving it a lot of thought beforehand” mentality. We really could use a mega-successful space-based MMO that doesn’t require a doctorate in economic theory.
- Free Realms – Kiddy, yet free. Colorful. Pretty. I’m 32. Conflicted.
- Remnants of Skystone – Doubt this will ever amount to anything, but I have a soft spot for this 2D steampunk MMO.
- City of Heroes – I’ve closed my subscribership, even as the new Architect issue came out. I’m sure that would’ve been great to experience, but I simply cannot play a game I know I won’t be playing for a long time (or at least have the potential to play for a long time). With Champions upcoming, there can only be one.
- Kingdom of Loathing – Had a blast with this for about two weeks, then got frustrated and bored (again). That keeps happening every time I give this a try.
- World of Warcraft – Blah blah blah. Can I admit a big secret I never told anyone before now? I played Wrath of the Lich King for about three weeks, after I said I’d never return to WoW again. It’s kind of like hooking up with an ex that you know you shouldn’t and you regret it the minute you did. New pretty zones, but I was utterly uninterested in it before long. I guess my burnout is complete.
- DC Universe Online – Pfft. Get a real IP (heh).