Happy Easter all! He has risen — he has risen indeed!
After you’re finished engorging on sugar, lumber over the the computer and check out these articles that caught my fancy this past week:
- Why has CC in MMOs started to go extinct? Epic Slant has a few theories.
- Warhammer! Tokens! Wowzers!
- Although it isn’t my cup of tea, it’s good to see that Darkfall has gotten its fair share of fans in the community.
- KIASA pontificates over their love of Warhammer’s PQ system.
- Massively had a couple of pretty decent reminiscing posts: one covering EQ (and old MMO design), and one on the failure of scifi MMOs to make it into the big time.
- KIASA does a hilarious little breakdown of the recent Secret World announcement.
- Level 1 Human has a simple request: give MMO companies a break, unless you’ve walked a mile in their shoes and typed 100 wpm in their wrist braces.
- Blame the Healer has a bizarre run-in with a WAR CSR.
- Check out this sweet Warhammer Dwarf collage at Portraits of War!
- Daily Quests at Kill Ten Rats is something I’ve done perhaps once… or twenty times…
- Oh, I know The Yapper well. I certainly do.
- Rob Wild wants to know if Warhammer is still in beta, because it feels like it to him. I agree with some of his points (particularly responsiveness), but not all.
- Brooke — aka Snafzg from The Greenskin — has a “Meet the Team” article over at Massively, if you want to get to know all about his shady past and current skin condition.
- Are there only three things wrong with MMOs these days? That’s almost an uplifting statement! Thanks, MMOG Chronicles!
- We all want to be the big damn hero. Or maybe, according to Spinks, we don’t. Or can’t.
- Epic Battleaxe does a pretty decent interview with Bill Roper (who’s giving interviews out like candy these days) regarding some newish Champions Online info. Hey, Cryptic! Start releasing solid numbers and dates already!
- Remnants of Skystone is looking for beta testers over on Kongregate.
- Holocron talks about gambling in a MMORPG environment — that’s like layers upon layers of irony there.
- Codpeace notes how other people can really drag down an online game. In other news, it’s 1999 again!
- What if there weren’t any healers in MMORPGs? Personally, I’d be celebrating like there was no tomorrow.
- Mythic gives us a neat dev blog about the new Tomb Kings content. Shiny!
- LOTRO follower looks to the future path of the Fellowship and how we might follow in their footsteps.