E3 came and went, and offered hope to a lot of people, but here in the Bio Break offices, we couldn’t stop reading up (and gushing about) all the awesome Star Wars: The Old Republic info. Guess that’s not going to stop anytime soon!
Welcome to /AFK — a list of articles that caught my fancy over the past week:
- TTH interviews Bill Roper about Champions’ Munitions, Archery and Gadgeteering (sweet) powersets — toy soldiers? Yes please!
- Among many, many, many others, Frank discusses the red-hot Star Wars TOR trailer, and deems it worthy.
- Raegn breaks down a recent TTH/LOTRO interview for some of the salient details of upcoming content. Follow that up with a heaping dose of LOTRO dev chat on the future, with commentary by Jaxom.
- Andrew looks at some of the “other”, lower-profile MMOs that might release in the next year… some of which I’ve never even heard about.
- I just really enjoyed this post about storytelling at KTR. That’s all.
- ZAM returns to DDO to check out what’s new, improved and familiar.
- Werit makes the first in-roads into WAR’s Land of the Dead, and comes back with horrifying news.
- More Majesty 2 info from E3!
- Bill Roper starts a weekly column at Champions Daily News in which he discusses developing the game in light of the other competition out there.
- Level 1 Human’s biggest concern over The Old Republic? Subscription plans. Seriously.
- Of Teeth and Claws looks at the Metaplace beta and finds it… wanting.
- Unwize is thrilled about the potential for TOR’s replayability due to individual class storylines.
- Ardwulf examines his fondness for the Champions PnP set, and how that might affect his future with Champions Online.
- Gordon makes a bold claim: IP doesn’t impact the success of a MMO one bit.
- Check out this awesome Star Wars interview over at StarWarsMMO.net! Also check out their E3 demo writeup, good stuff.
- Let’s all keep Gaming Granny in our thoughts and prayers!