Happy 4th of July to the United Statesians out there, that great day where Britain coughs politely and looks elsewhere, and we shoot low-grade artillery to drive dogs across the nation completely bonkers. Well, it’s the 5th, but there’s still a lot of fireworks out there, so I’m including it.
- Psychochild takes a look at why “addiction” is the wrong term for what MMO gamers sometimes experience. A good addition to the whole games addiction discussion.
- Groupers. Soloers. Wolfshead relates to both.
- Scarybooster is quite excited about Champions for six reasons.
- Lum comments on Darkfall’s new epic campaign to be the worst customer service company in the MMO market! C’mon, Keen, you know you want another hit of this stuff!
- Wandering Rogue has an excellent design philosophy: game first, then MMO.
- Spinks sees us all as tourists, and wants to sell us seashells with glued on googly eyes.
- TTH learns more about the Force, Telepathy and Telekinesis powersets in Champions Online.
- Red Alert! China is moving to nix all MMO RMT!
- Brad McQuaid begins his Vanguard post-mortem: Part 1,
- Rog talks about the big MMO you’ve never heard of.
- A sobering report from the Land of the Dead…
- Massively takes a tour around DDO’s new Unlimited features and finds it not that bad, actually.
- Tipa is offering up a spiffy — and exclusive — Wizard 101 poster. Only the first thousand blog viewers can see it, however.
- Werit returns to SWG and discovers some new player-created content in the works!
- Frank gives devs permission to be human.
- Snafzg thinks he knows how to fix WAR. It’s so crazy, it JUST MIGHT WORK.
- Professor Beej opens up to his past and present MMO addiction — a must-read, in my opinion.
- I want to join the Spinks Faction!
- Wrap yourself up in a huge blanket of words, courtesy of Ferrel, who puts guilds on the endangered species list.
- I WANT THIS CAR.
- Ysharros is Miss Independent. Or something. Frankly, I thought she was yelling at me so I started cringing after a while.
- Word of Shadow shares a few of his favorite things in MMOs — raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, stuff like that.
Last Week on Mutant Reviewers…
- I review Exorcist III, Shooter and Quantum of Solace
- Drew reviews Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Lissa reviews Third Man Out
SPOTLIGHT ON… Dragonchasers
Not all of us can be blessed with incredibly cool blog titles like Bio Break, but Pete over at Dragonchasers is certainly close! I kid, I kid. Dragonchasers is a blog I’ve been following for over a year now, and he never fails to deliver top-notch MMO content — games he’s playing, frustrations and excitement over the genre, and even strongly disagreeing with the popular crowd when he deems necessary. Lately he’s touched down in Aion, and I’m sure will slaughter every dragon he finds there.