Last year at this time I had just gotten into the Warhammer beta, and we were staring down a one-and-a-half month wait until the launch — almost unbearable! Now, it seems like I’m going through this again, only with two games to be released in September: Champions and DDO:EU. Where’s the fast-forward button?
- Spinks regales us with high adventure in EverQuest 2!
- And because everyone’s so nuts about EQ2 these days, here’s Ysharros’ take.
- Developers are… hu-man? Whaaaa?
- KIASA gives a hilarious take on EA’s marketing speak.
- Lore Sjoberg has a… wait, I just used “hilarious” the line before, crap, it’s thesaurus time… convivial writeup of Sam Raimi’s Warcraft movie production diary.
- Crafting make him MAD!
- /gab thinks an intergalactic civil war is brewing over TOR…
- “Vestigal Design” — best article title ever! (although it should be “vestigial”, but we’ll overlook that) Thanks, Tesh!
- WAR is coming to Macs, and the Herald has answers to all your questions.
- ZAM interviewed two TOR devs about the progress of the game, mainly in terms of writing stories and dialogue.
- Legendary weapons, anyone? Anyone? Ferrel? Ferrel?
- Experience the final moments of The Matrix Online in this screenshot essay on Massively.
- Bright Hub has an excellent, thoughtful post-mortem of WAR that I more or less agree fully with.
Spotlight on… NecroRogIcon
NecroRogIcon was one of those blogs that I read long before I became a blogger, and when I did, it was pretty cool for Rog to treat me as an equal instead of some lesser scum that he’d come across. He’s one of those writers I might never agree with fully, but I never fault him for it, and I always enjoy his perspective on gaming and MMOs in general.
For some reason — perhaps Rog was tinkering with his blog location, I dunno — my Google Reader stopped picking up NecroRogIcon’s posts for the past few weeks, and I was horrified to discover that this morning. Problem fixed, however!