It’s January 2nd, which means that 80% of you have already broken at least one New Year’s resolution and are now contemplating a jump into a shark pit of shame. For the 20% of us who are still awesome, we will look at your shredded remains and toast our steadfast devotion to these sacred resolutions.
/AFK means that these Are Freakin’ Kool posts from the past week:
- Wadstomp — Why Cataclysm Lower Zone Revamp is a Failure
“The lower zones are still literally ghost towns. You are lucky to see one other person in the same zone. The new revamping on the zones has aggravated me more than making me excited.”
- Wolfshead Online — RIFT MMO Beta Impressions and How to Fix What’s Wrong
“Quite honestly, there has to be serious consequences for failure to defeat a rift; if not then rifts risk becoming somewhat of a useless white elephant.”
- The RIFT — On RIFT: Reservations, Concerns, Expectations and Longevity
“This, and this alone is what reinforced my belief that Trion is sticking to its word, and working their butts off to produce a game that launches with the future in mind. This is what I expect from them, and if – for some odd reason – they don’t fulfill their end of this… I will be the first to admit it.”
- The Ancient Gaming Noob — My MMO Outlook for 2011
“So when Potshot and I last played Guild Wars it almost caused us physical distress not to be able to jump.”
- Horriftic Intentions — In Rift, the Rides Come to YOU!
“It is so chaotic and dangerous and all around fun that I can not help but love it.”
- The Green Dragon Inn — Seriously, GameStop?
“Yes: while at a GameStop store, I attempted to solve a problem by asking one of the GameStop employees for help. Yes, I know. I know. I never learn.”
- Killed in a Smiling Accident — Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings
“So undead are essentially the radio controlled cars of the Cleric world? Do Clerics set-up tracks and race undead around and around? Perhaps that’s why you get different speed zombies!”
- MMO Gamer Chick — Torn by Rift: Beta Impressions
“Let’s just put it this way. Rift personified is a refined gentleman, cuts a great figure and has all the right moves, but hang out with him long enough and you’ll find he’s just your regular Joe who likes his joe regular.”
- Kill Ten Rats — Looting
“We already accept inventory mechanics in which 100 metal ingots take up as much space as a ring, bears sometimes carry swords and multiple hides but have only a 50% chance to have one leg or tooth on each corpse, gold bars are worth less than gold coins, and gold coins take up no space.”
- TOROcast.com — DBS By Awesome New Sound Effects
“I expect great things from the audio in SWTOR and have high hopes for the new noises they will add to Star Wars lore.”
- MMOSH — Is Cataclysm World of Warcraft’s Last Hurrah?
“And seeing as World of Warcraft is very much of *this* generation of MMOs, it’s hard for it to be a part of the *next* generation as well.”
- Welcome to Spinksville — Predictions for MMOs & Gaming in 2011
“Mark Jacobs will announce a new project, DaoC 2.”