Disappointments: They flood our lives from unexpected angles, washing us down the river banks of misery and out into the sea of shame. And yet we cling to hope, hold to high expectations and trust that this leap… this leap will be the leap home.
Welcome back to /AFK, the weekly roundup of the best blog posts from the last seven days!
- MmoQuests.com — Things Sony Could Have Done Different
“For the life of me I can not figure out why EQ2X players need an entire forum to themselves.”
- The Banhammer — SOE, I Am Disappoint
“It’s mind boggling how one company can nickel and dime potential consumers and still act like this is some great thing to gaming.”
- Levelcapped — Do We Need More Reality In Our MMOs?
“In short, we miss nothing by not overcomplicating our games using simulation as an avenue for immersion because immersion is already being achieved.”
- Hunters Insight — The Handy Dandy Guide To Common Misconceptions About Guild Wars 2
“Well stick a lollipop in it Sally, you can jump.”
- Ardwulf’s Lair — EverQuest Launching New Progression Server
“t may be a chance to experience EQ in something close to the form it took back in the day, with all the endless grind and corpse runs and spawn camping.”
- Are We New At This? — Weekly MMO Crockpot
“You suck Ragnar, you suck.”
- West Karana — The MMO Challenge, Revisited
“Now, I’m passing on this challenge to my reader(s?). Pick one of the new MMOs coming out this year, or any MMO you have not yet played but think you would enjoy, and just make that your main MMO for an entire year.”
- Combat Archaeology — Going Home
“It has been exactly a year since I started this blog — a rather auspicious day, all things said. I think it’s also a good day to close up shop.”
- We Fly Spitfires — Old School EverQuest Server. How Far Will It Go And Will Anyone Like It?
“I’m secretly hoping SOE will have the guts to make it fully retro to the point of forcing us to use the original UI, stare at the darn freaking spell book when we meditate, spam Sense Heading constantly and make standing in Western Commonlands for seven hours the only viable equivalent to an auction house.”
- Harbinger Zero — Rift: More Detailed Thoughts
“Someone runs into a base camp half dead with a mob in tow and the general goods vendor will draw cold steel and lend a hand. Seen that before? Me either.”
- Epic Slant — On the eve of Velious
“Velious was my favorite EverQuest expansion and if I could reclaim just a part of that glory I’ll be happy.”
- MMO Melting Pot — Why MMO Bloggers Talk About Alton Towers and Building Sand Castles All The Time
“Cos well, did you know there were different types of MMO? I didn’t.”