Sometimes I like to engage in active gaming, where I lean forward and get really engrossed in the game and its story. And sometimes I’m totally cool just grinding mobs for various purposes (usually achievements or for some other goal), which means I lean back and get a little more passive about it. Get into a groove and just pow-pow-pow for a while.
When I grind, I like to make the most of my time and activate some secondary form of entertainment or project. Keeps my mind from going too soft, I suppose, and I always like the whole two-birds-with-one-grind result. So what do I do?
- I’ll listen to podcasts. I don’t do this that often any more, but a good ‘cast can fill out an hour or so just fine.
- I listen to the always-entertaining SF Debris, particularly for the deconstruction of Star Trek episodes.
- I’ll be listening to new music, usually video game or MMO tunes, and trying to sift through it all for the tracks I want to keep.
- I’ll pop on a show on Netflix on my iPhone or iPad, usually a long series or a documentary.
- I’ll get on Vent/Mumble/Teamspeak and chat with my guildies, sometimes even when I’m not in that particular game.
What do you guys do while grinding?