WildStar’s “spring” launch window is seeming closer than ever, although we’re still in for a bit of a wait even so. After my time in beta, the one answer that I want to know is, what will be in the collector’s edition?
I think there will be a good chance that there will be a CE, although in what form it will appear is anyone’s guess. We could get just some sort of beefed up digital package, your typical $70-$90 CE, or one of the more recent pricey $150 editions.
Here’s what I’m hoping we’ll see with a WildStar CE:
- Full Soundtrack: Oh my goodness, I am in love with WildStar’s music and it will devistate me if we don’t get a complete score. This really needs to happen or I will be a one-person picket line outside of Carbine Studios.
- Cosmetic outfits: Sure, throw in one or two full cosmetic outfits so that my new character can start out in style. I’m all for that.
- Housing exclusives: Lots of love is being given to the housing system in this game and the potential for digital extras in this area is huge.
- Hoverboard: I have my level 10 everyone-in-beta-gets-one hoverboard and I don’t want to go into the release without one. If it could be pink with “MATTEL” written on it, that would make the Back to the Future fan in me quite happy.
- Nexus Secret Decoder Ring: I would put this right next to my wedding ring, I would.
- Extra inventory space: This isn’t glitzy but I have always appreciated games that include extra inventory space for beginnings. It’s always useful!
- Artwork: Since I’m in love with WildStar’s art style, a few lithographs or posters would be very welcome.
Past that, I’m pretty open to extras. A “making of” book or DVD would be interesting but it would be a one-time thing for me.