And here it is, the last three MMOs that I’ve played for any good length of time!
- Good thing: The world was ridiculously large and full of awesome post-apocalyptic detail and black humor. Probably my all-time favorite sandbox.
- Bad thing: The combat and skill use were quite underdone. I really wish that this game had gone with the standard MMO tab-targeting attack format.
Star Trek Online
- Good thing: Space combat is visually dynamic and something I don’t get in any other game, nevermind any other MMO. I loved being able to pilot my own spaceship and customize it to my heart’s content.
- Bad thing: Too little content. Once I was done with the featured episodes, there was little else to keep me in the game.
- Good thing: This hit the sweet spot of “guilty pleasure” in the action MMO department. It’s mostly mindless questing and fighting, but relaxing as well.
- Bad thing: The really generic D&D setting started to turn me off after a while (and the voice acting is horrendous).