I’ve been slowly refining my general adventuring build in The Secret World, and since I’m pretty pleased with how it’s set up and works, I wanted to share it with you all. It’s a shotgun/hammer build that seeks to put out a lot of DPS (to both single and multiple targets) while containing a heavy dose of survivability. There’s a lot of ping-ponging synergy here, particularly with the focus of getting hinder on all mobs to trigger other effects.
Let’s start with the passives.
- Close Quarters (Elite): Slaps a hinder on any nearby mob I hit. The entire build hinges on this.
- Beanbag Rounds: When I apply hinder, I get +15% penetration chance.
- Strike Force: +7.5% penetration chance for any strike abilities. Guess what my builder and hammer consumer are?
- Closer: +7.5% damage for consumers. A nice DPS bump.
- Arterial Pulse: When I penetrate, I do an additional hit to the target AND all targets around it. This is my lazy man’s AOE skill for my single-target strike attacks.
- Impact Striker: +25% damage using Striker (my builder) against hindered targets. Since I’m spamming this quite a lot, it’s a no-brainer.
- Immortal Spirit: HoT on penetrating enemies. It’s not a ton of healing without healing gear, but I find that it’s almost always running in combat and every bit helps.
- Revved Up: More damage from my chainsaw shield.
- Striker: Even as a basic builder, this is now doing a lot — hitting hard, slapping hinders on bad guys, and penetrating a lot (doing extra DPS and healing).
- Stopping Power: Oh, how I do love this skill. It’s a cone attack consumer that automatically penetrates hindered targets.
- Haymaker: Chose this consumer because it has the strike tag and thus does extra DPS.
- Kneecapper: Does a nice strong cone attack and slaps hindered on everything it hits for 8 seconds. I’m experimenting with using this as an opener to get an automatic penetration bump.
- Turn the Tables: Call me weak, but I love having a meaty heal on demand. This is it. I use it all of the time.
- Flak Jacket: The three blue skills I use as often as they’re up to buff me up. This skill reduces damage by 15%.
- Breaching Shot: Boosts penetration by 45%. I want to be penetrating as often as possible, not just to get arterial pulse and immortal spirit, but also because such hits do extra damage. Seeing chain penetrates is awesome.
- Diamond Grit: I’ve always loved this chainsaw ability for its double duty. It reflects 50% of damage back to the attacker up to a certain number.
This build isn’t set in stone, as I’ve been swapping out a couple skills here and there. For example, I might want an attack that knocks a target down or purges, so Flak Jacket will usually go in that case. But it’s been working great for me and I thought it might help someone else!