Announcement: Site revamp!
If you visit the site (instead of getting these posts via RSS reader) you might notice that it’s looking a tad bit different than it has for the past five years. After a few weeks of internal deliberation, I pulled the cord on giving the blog a visual overhaul and switching to a new theme.
So instead of Twenty Twelve, I’m now using Hemingway Rewritten. It solves a few issues I had with the old theme, namely giving me a bigger header, a wider main column for posts/pics (676 pixels vs. 584), and keeping the sidebar active if someone is reading a particular post.
Along with switching themes, I’m redoing all of my headers. I wanted to create a blog with visual consistency, so instead of the weird mish-mash of headers I used to have, this time I’m going with the same font and sticking to one type of graphic: MMO concept art. It’s weird, but I love concept art. I use it a lot in Massively OP posts, and felt like doing it here, too. So I made a list of all of the MMOs that I played over the years and am looking up loading screens, wallpapers, and other pieces of concept art to make into banners. So far I’ve only gotten WildStar done with a splash of LOTRO and Fallen Earth.
My pages need some new graphics to them (bigger ones, particularly in the case of the MMO timeline). I am also going to be splitting the Retro Gaming page into two, keeping Retro Gaming for my weekend series and restoring Nostalgia Lane for that occasional series.
Real life (i.e. incoming child) is about to laugh at any gaming plans that I’m going to make here, so huge grain of salt and all of that. But here are a few things that I’d like to be exploring for the rest of 2015:
- WildStar: My main goal right now is to max out architecture, continue to accumulate housing decor, and really work up both my house and my fun (haunted) house. Doing dailies, contracts, adventures, and expeditions on the side for fun and money to support my habit as well.
- SWTOR: I slowed down on chapter 9 on my Agent, so I need to pick her back up and see how much work needs to be done here. My Smuggler’s been crying for attention, but I don’t want to split my attention right now.
- Marvel Heroes: My next get-to-level-60 character is Cable. No huge love for him, but gunning and running seems kind of fun.
- RIFT: I loaded this back up last week and am tinkering around with the notion of an all-instant adventure character. Maybe. Maybe.
- The Secret World: Perhaps it’s time to get back to my playthrough character? It’s been a while. Kind of miss this game.
- Pillars of Eternity: I’ve reinstalled this on my main computer and want to start over with a new game and go through the whole thing, including the new expansion. The sorta-recent patch looks like it added some nice quality of life features, including party members activating their own skills, so that could be great.
- Fallout 4: Yup, I have it and will definitely be diving into it soon. I always kind of regret that I never finished Fallout 3 (what happened there? I don’t remember). Really, I just want to explore the wasteland.
I have SO MUCH on my plate for retro gaming. Following Master of Magic, I’m torn on what to do, but there are a few strong candidates for the next entry. Thief is a possibility (never played it, it’s a classic), I just got Alone in the Dark (scared the pants off of me as a kid), and Star Control 2 should be played at some point in my life. Then there are tons of sequels… my GOG library is 182 titles, and so far I’ve covered… um… 30 of them. And that’s not even mentioning the 57 titles on my wish list too.
I have a problem. First step is blogging about it.