Thanksgiving seems to have snuck up on me this year. Funny how staying all sorts of busy will block out the incoming holidays. Our family likes to hew to a low-key Thanksgiving: going out to see a movie, eating a meal at Bob Evans, and then start setting up Christmas decorations. Maybe Syp might even get to play a game or two, but with the routine thrown out of wack, who knows.
Having a thankful heart is something commanded by my Lord and helps me have a better attitude in general. We can grouse all the live-long day about disappointments in our lives, but when I look at what I’ve been blessed with, complaining seems to come off as petty and ungrateful.
As this is a gaming blog and all, here are ten things that I’m thankful for with my hobby this Thanksgiving:
- A newish computer that runs my games great and has plenty of space for all of my media and projects.
- The choice of dozens of interesting MMOs at any given time and the lack of burnout due to the variety.
- My wonderful guilds that make me feel warm and welcomed every time I log in.
- Getting to play virtual dollhouse and enjoy the break from combat by setting up a cozy home in-game.
- Two new expansions (Legion, Starfall Prophecy) to play this fall and the revitalized interest in these games that they have caused.
- All of the MMO bloggers who keep me informed and entertained about other games.
- My Massively OP coworkers, who put in so much effort on this project while keeping the office space lively and weird.
- Getting my first Legendary in World of Warcraft. Almost like a Thanksgiving gift, that was!
- The joy that writing about games and gaming that Bio Break brings me.
- All of the video game composers who have produced such terrific music that I enjoy listening through.
So have a merry Thanksgiving and stuff yourself with gaming!