Ten years in, and I’m still finding this game as lovely and photogenic as ever!
But of course, there are always those “little” things we’d change about the game if we could. I’m sure the team has its hands full, usually in creating and testing new content, but I always hope that sooner or later some old issues would be addressed. In talking with my kin lately, we were going back and forth on little things we wish that would get changed or fixed or added. Here’s a list of my personal wishes:
- I wish there was a way to resize the quest box text to be larger (without resizing the whole UI). There’s always so much of it, and on larger monitors and resolutions, it’s more difficult to read now than it used to be. Of course, I could be getting older too…
- Daily login rewards have gotten stale — could we get some new ones? Housing items perhaps?
- A better way to track and organize your deeds, especially if you’re pursuing particular virtues.
- Token exchange — we get SO many tokens in this game, it’d be nice to trade the ones we don’t want for the ones we do. Maybe at a 2:1 ratio?
- If I’m wearing headphones and they’re plugged in and I load up the game, LOTRO — unlike every other MMO I play — stubbornly defaults to the speaker instead. Then I have to manually change that. It’s annoying and I wish the game would auto-detect and use my headphones if plugged in.
- Get rid of those really screechy ambient sounds in Angmar. Seriously.
- Give individual characters the option to own their own house (outside of premium housing).
- More than five quests/deeds on the quest tracker? It’s 2017, I think it’s possible to make this happen.
- More hairstyles. Better hairstyles. I’m glad for the avatar upgrades and all, but the hair is mostly too chunky and weird to use.
- A random mount/random pet button. Love this other games, would adore it in LOTRO.