February in review
- The big theme of the month was “Final Fantasy,” since I got bit by that bug for some reason. I started playing through Final Fantasy IX on my tablet (the first time I’ve touched that game since my first on the PlayStation) and subbed up to a month of Final Fantasy XIV to see what there was to see. It was pleasant but perhaps not sticky enough to keep me around.
- World of Warcraft’s gold making enterprise continued, with just a few tweaks and some throttling back on the time I was spending. I did make enough gold for three WoW tokens and managed to pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth for free because of it. I focused on my Hunter and Death Knight, trying to level up their order hall champions and clear out their quest logs, to varying success.
- It was time to say goodbye to Lord of the Rings Online, at least for a while. Mordor had beaten me into the ground and I realized this month that I had so little interest in logging in to see it through — even with the promise of Northern Mirkwood ahead of me.
- I only played a handful of Dungeons and Dragons Online sessions this month, but I had fun doing so with friends and solo. I’ve been dawdling in House K, trying to wrap up these last few quests, and I finally dinged level 10 on my Artificer.
- I followed through on my promise to give Closers a look, but found it really awkward and not that interesting at all.
- While I didn’t achieve my goal of finishing up Knights of the Old Republic 2, I did get through an astounding two (2) planets, which is kind of a record for me and this game. The end is in sight!
- In the latter days of the month, I gave in and purchased Rimworld, and there went all my free time.
- There are two big releases this month that I’m tracking: Sea of Thieves and Shroud of the Avatar. I will most definitely be playing and blogging about the first, although the second still has me on the fence. I think I need to properly evaluate it, though.
- There’s also the RIFT Prime server launch on March 7th, and I’m totally game for that. Kind of wish I didn’t have to subscribe, but I guess that’s the whole point here.
- I’m going to continue working on shoring up my two main World of Warcraft characters as I try to get them ready for Battle for Azeroth. I keep kicking around the idea of rolling up a Priest, but I don’t know when I’d have time for it. I would like to make at least two WoW tokens during the month.
- Once I finish up House K in DDO, I’m going to scoot on over to the Mists of Ravenloft content (if I can buy it… I should look into that) and get my horror on.
- Again, I want to finish up KOTOR 2 and start a new retro gaming series. I haven’t decided what yet, though.
- I’ll also be giving Villagers and Heroes on the iPad a try. I’d love this to take off!
- If Project Gorgon does indeed go into early access, then that probably sounds the starter’s pistol for me.