June in review
- Summer 2018 has turned out really strange for me, as I’ve been introducing a lot more single-player games into my diet, including Fallout 4, The Sims 4, and Pillars of Eternity. Don’t regret any of these, as I am enjoying the variety and making more progress in all of these games than before.
- I went on a few outings with my Dungeons and Dragons Online group as we plowed through lowbie quests on insanely high difficulty levels. As a Druid healer, it’s been an interesting challenge!
- I’m all caught up again in Secret World Legends, having finished up South Africa with a really trippy boss encounter inside Marquard’s mansion.
- Star Trek Online: Victory is Life has kind of underwhelmed me so far, although I’ve only completed two of the seven missions.
- Lord of the Rings Online only received two sessions from me, as I pushed further into Mirkwood and did the new summer picnic instance.
- I spent most of the month in a holding pattern in World of Warcraft, waiting for the expansion. Made money, shaped up my Horde alt, cleared out quest logs, and did the pre-pre-expansion artifact weapon quest.
- Bought several titles in the GOG and Steam sales for future play. And speaking of purchases, right at the end of the month I managed to (FINALLY) snag an NES Classic when it went back up on Amazon. Considering how much me and my kids play our SNES Classic, I’m looking forward to adding this to my collection.
- I started a new retro game series, this time going through Chrono Trigger on Steam. Very excited to blog about this favorite series of mine!
July’s gaming goals
- This is going to be another strange month for me. I’m taking a couple of weeks off for a much-deserved vacation, so I might be getting much more or much less gaming time as a result. I’m staying flexible there.
- Fortunately, there are no huge pressing releases that need my attention. Instead, I’ll be trucking forward as usual with my current rotation while perhaps trying out titles like Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture and Staxel.
- This means DDO grouping, a mission or two in Star Trek Online’s DS9 expansion, and more Mirkwood in Lord of the Rings Online.
- When the World of Warcraft pre-expansion patch hits, I’ll work through the scenarios and re-build my characters with the new talents. Shouldn’t take a lot of time there, but it’s still something new to do. I do need some better transmogs too.
- Maybe some Fallen Earth? It’s still installed, still waiting. But really my post-apocalyptic heart is with Fallout 4 and the upcoming Fallout 76.
- I have a huge backlog of mobile Telltale Games, so I’m going to make a concerted effort to start chewing through those.
- I’m really excited for one mobile game release — Battleheart 2 is coming this month!