July in review
- It was a really weird month, gaming wise. I was off for two weeks on vacation, during which most of the time I didn’t have access to my computer. Also, I’ve felt rather blah toward most of my regular MMOs, so I didn’t force myself to play anything I didn’t want to.
- I was also in a holding pattern for World of Warcraft all month, although I did get to check out the new class changes for Patch 8.0. Ready for the expansion! I also have purchased enough tokens to pay for my subscription through May 2019, so go me.
- Tuesday nights remained a highlight every week, as I got to play with my regular Dungeons and Dragons Online group. We advanced to level 5 and tackled some quests in the Harbor, Marketplace, and Cerulean Hills.
- I did push a little bit into Star Trek Online: Victory is Life, but only beat the first two missions.
- I puttered about in Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, and The Sims 4, buying a couple of expansion packs for the latter and generally enjoying making new houses and families. I also played and beat Telltale’s Batman and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture.
- Mobile gaming was mostly Battleheart 2 and Clash Royale, because who needs anything more?
August’s gaming goals
- It’s going to be an even stranger month since our family is getting ready to move from Michigan to New York at the end of the summer. At some point I’m going to lose internet and time, so I’ll just have to roll with that.
- Obviously, the big attraction this month is Battle for Azeroth, and I am keyed up and ready to go! I have two Alliance and one Horde character ready to level, and I think I’ll be rotating between the three on a daily basis.
- In addition to regular DDO fun, I have a thirst for space games, so I bought a joystick and will be trying out Elite: Dangerous and No Man’s Sky. Wooosh!
- There’s a lot of content that could be tackled this month if I’m interested, such as the remaining STO missions, Mirkwood stuff in LOTRO, and some new/revised Secret World missions.
- Rend looks increasingly play-worthy as it enters early access. Should I give it a try?
- I’ve pondered some other MMOs for a change-up as well. Maybe it’s time to do some Elder Scrolls Online again or I don’t know what else. I need to get out of my very limited routine here.
What are your goals this month? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!