January 2019 in review
- The theme of this month was “Finally clicking with Elder Scrolls Online,” and I am so glad that happened. After a few aborted starts over the past year or so, I am now deep into the ESO groove with a great month of questing, partying, and leveling under my belt. I got my Warden to level 16, went through most of Morrowind’s content, enjoyed a few grouping experiences, and started to figure out the ins and outs of the game. Oh, and I got me a house.
- My adventures on Lord of the Rings Online’s progression server continued as I took my level 50 Minstrel through the frozen north of Forochel. She’s just about done with the content in this quarter!
- Our Dungeons and Dragons Online group leveled to 9 and tackled various quests including White Plume Mountain and House P missions.
- I petered out in FFXIV after a few weeks of intense play, and I let my subscription lapse.
- My Quest for Glory IV playthrough went well, although I did not get near to finishing it as I had hoped by the end of the month.
- I finally finished up Pillars of Eternity, which took me most of 2018 to do! I also spent more time trying out other titles, such as CrossCode, Return to Obra Dinn, and The Unavowed.
February 2019’s goals
- As I’ve already stated on this blog, I’ve got a plan to wrap up the relatively small remainder of Shadows of Angmar content in LOTRO before the March unlock. Nothing too exciting there, but it should be satisfying to have it all done.
- Once I wrap things up in Morrowind, I’ll be doubling back to start on the base game content in Elder Scrolls Online. The other expansions can wait — at least for now!
- I expect that we’ll be exploring more level 10 instances in DDO, and I am planning on putting in at least a week of regular play in Warframe with MOP’s Bree to see if we can actually get into this popular scifi title.
- Aside from MMOs, I really want to wrap up Quest for Glory IV soon in order to start the next retro series. I also have more Try-It Tuesday titles lined up for experimentation, so if I get at least two of those in this month, I’ll be happy. Any suggestions?