I’m stressed in FFXIV. It’s a pretty common feeling whenever I’m in an MMO and haven’t fully wrapped my head around all that there is to do. I know, FFXIV evangelists will yammer on about taking things slow and making your own objectives and whatnot, but they’re also speaking from a position of knowing most of these options. They’re above it, I’m below it, and down here is stressful.
There’s always that question of, “Should I be doing some specific activity every day for a grand goal?” I mean, I only found out a month ago that I should be heading over to the Gold Saucer to grab a few free lotto tickets every day, and now I’m kicking myself that I wasn’t doing that since the start. It’s that sort of thing. Should I be doing daily roulettes? What about pursuing a beast tribe? And what waits for me when I’ve exhausted the MSQ or want to take a break from it?
The only thing that relieves this stress is doing research and making a list of activities and features to investigate later on, so here’s what I’ve found:
- Leveling more or all of the jobs to the level cap (Heaven-on-High, roulettes, etc.)
- Blue Mage leveling and skill collecting
- Making money (I’d like to own a house one day, after all)
- Beast tribe reputation tracks
- Hildebrand questlines (have no idea where I left off in these)
- Crafting — probably never going to be my thing
- Gold Saucer minigames
- Eureka — What is this zone? Do I need to do it? Is it outdated now?
- Relic weapons — Worth getting? How much time will this take? Able to attain solo?
- Seasonal events
- Raiding/savage instances
- Doing weekly challenge logs
- Wondrous Tails
- Grand Company — Do I need to keep leveling this up?
- Sightseeing logs
- Triple Triad — Collect cards, look up a guide
- Adventurer Squadrons
- Unlock flying for each zone
- Treasure Hunts
- Clan Hunts
- Going through the Content Unlock page on the wiki and seeing what needs to be done
- And, of course, GLAMOUR, the real endgame
Obviously, I don’t want to do ALL of these. I don’t have the time for it. But I want to have this list to investigate later on to figure out which activities are up my alley and worth pursuing.